Midday News Nuggets
1. 7 IAS officers arrested for corruption in past 3 years: Govt
As per information received from 27 state governments/Union Territories, 7 officers belonging to Indian Administrative Service have been arrested for corruption during the last three years.
2. SC rejects activist Akhil Gogoi's bail plea in anti-CAA protests case
The Supreme Court denied bail to activist Akhil Gogoi, who is lodged in jail for his alleged role in the violent anti-CAA protests in Assam.
3. Two suspended in Bihar as new minister does not get proper welcome
Lack of proper welcome to a newly inducted minister in Bihar on Wednesday caused the suspension of two officials of the department concerned.
4. India-US defence and security ties stronger than ever before: Ambassador Sandhu
The India-US defence trade, which has grown significantly in a short time, now stands at USD 21 billion.
5. 'Bittu' team celebrates 'proud moment' as film advances to next round in Oscars race
Director Karishma Dev Dube on Wednesday said she is "overwhelmed by gratitude" as her film "Bittu" advanced to the next round in Best Live Action Short Film segment of the 93rd Academy Awards.
6. Assam govt regularises job of municipal workers in Dibrugarh
The Dibrugarh unit of the AAMEU said that the government has fulfilled its demand.