Mid-day News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya's MBoSE exams to start only after April 14: Lahkmen Rymbui
Meghalaya Education Minister Lahkmen Rymbui on Tuesday informed that this year's Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) and Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) examinations to be conducted by the Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBoSE) will be held only after April 14.
2. Arunachal Pradesh CM meets PM Modi, N Sitharaman in Delhi
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu met Prime Minister Modi in Delhi, to address various key issues concerning the state.
3. BBC apologises for 'incomplete' India map after complaint
The BBC on Tuesday apologised for any offence caused and rectified what it termed as the mistaken use of an inaccurate map of India, which had the boundaries of Jammu and Kashmir entirely missing, triggering a formal letter of complaint by Labour Party MP Virendra Sharma.
4. Delhi University's Vidya Vistar Scheme aims academic cooperation with other varsities
An academic cooperative system between colleges and departments of the Delhi University and those of other Indian universities is on the cards, acting vice-chancellor P C Joshi said while releasing the DU's six-month report card.
5. BCCI announces Rs 5 crore bonus for triumphant Indian team
The BCCI announced a Rs 5 crore bonus for the Indian cricket team after the Ajinkya Rahane-led side won the fourth and final Test against Australia to clinch the series 2-1 and retain the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
6. Trump extends best wishes to new administration in farewell message
Praying for the success of Joe Biden in keeping America safe and prosperous and extending his best wishes, outgoing US President Donald Trump in his farewell video message said that now more than ever, Americans must unify around their shared values and rise above partisan rancour to forge their common destiny.
7. Biden to deliver inaugural speech built around the theme of unity
Joe Biden, in his maiden address to the nation soon after being sworn in as the 46th President of the United States, would deliver a forward-looking speech built around the theme of unity.
8. Railways Tribute: Howrah-Kalka Mail renamed as ‘Netaji Express’
Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal paid tribute to Netaji's Subhas Chandra Bose by renaming one of its oldest trains as 'Netaji Express'.