Mid-day News Nuggets
1. Assam receives second consignment of COVID-19 vaccine
Assam on January 13 received the second consignment of COVID-19 vaccine with 12,000 doses of ‘Covaxin’ transported from Hyderabad.
2. BJP's Tame Phassang new Itanagar mayor, Biri Basang of NPP his deputy
Tame Phassang of BJP was named the new mayor of Itanagar, while Biri Basang of NPP will be his deputy.
3. Meghalaya: RBDCC submits memorandum to DC on alleged encroachment by Assam govt
Members of the Ri Bhoi District Congress Committee (RBDCC), on Wednesday, submitted a memorandum to the Deputy Commissioner of Ri Bhoi seeking her intervention on the illegal intrusion of the Assam Government at Khanapara under Raid Marwet.
4. Two vehicles set ablaze in Tripura, four arrested
Residents of Matabari, Udaipur town in Tripura's Gomati district, set two vehicles on fire and attacked the drivers and passengers on the suspicion that they stole ten cows.
5. Tripura left front demands January 23 as ‘Deshprem Diwas’ to honour Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
The Tripura left front on Wednesday, wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi demanding for the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on January 23 to be celebrated as ‘Deshprem Diwas’ (Patriotism Day).
6. Sikkim to get 12,500 doses of Covidshield vaccine
State immunisation officer Dr Phumzay Denzongpa, on Wednesday, said that Sikkim would get 12,500 doses of Covidshield vaccines for the vaccination drive on January 16.
7. Arunachal Pradesh: Animals thriving in D. Ering Wildlife Sanctuary, says official
The D. Ering Wildlife Sanctuary in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh is thriving after hunting and poaching have been monitored to the maximum extent.
8. Mild earthquake jolts Assam
An earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter Scale hit Dima Hasao in Assam on Thursday.
9. For India, Pakistan to find lasting resolution in Kashmir says UK
The UK government on Wednesday reiterated its unchanged stance that the situation in Kashmir remains an issue for India and Pakistan to find a lasting political resolution to the issue.
10. About three lakh healthcare workers to get vaccine shots on Day 1 of COVID-19 inoculation drive
Around three lakh healthcare workers will be inoculated at 2,934 sites across the country on the first day of the massive nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive, which is set to begin from January 16.