Evening News Nuggets
1. North East Students’ Organisation to observe December 11 as ‘black day’
The North East Students’ Organisation (NESO) representing eight students movement in the Northeastern region has decided to observe a ‘Black Day’ on December 11 to mark the passing of the Citizenship Amendment Act amidst protests.
2. Meghalaya: Employees Association questions "non-release" of pending dues to GHADC
The Non-Gazetted Employees Association (NGEA) has questioned the Meghalaya government over the alleged delay in payment of dues to the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC).
3. Nagaland's first Organic AC Market inaugurated in Dimapur
The first organic AC market in Nagaland was inaugurated at Agri Expo in Dimapur on Tuesday, December 8.
4. Manipur tourism minister calls for Nambul river clean-up to restore its pristine form
Manipur Tourism Minister Oinam Lukhoi Singh appealed for concerted efforts in restoring the Nambul river to its pristine form at an awareness campaign organised under the theme, “Save Our Rivers, Save Our Soul.”
5. Mizoram Govt. appoints K Laldingliana as new administrator of Aizawl Municipal Corporation
The Mizoram government has appointed Municipal Commissioner K Laldingliana as the administrator of the Aizawl Municipal Corporation (AMC) since the term of the present board is due to expire on December 10, officials said on Tuesday.
6. Manipur: Day after his escape, rape accused lands in police net again
A day after his escape, a man accused of sexually assaulting a minor at Kakching district of Manipur was arrested from Sugnu Sub-Division area on Saturday night.
7. Suspected NLFT ultras kidnap three constructions workers in Tripura
Suspected insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) kidnapped three construction workers from a village near the Indo-Bangla border in Dhalai district of Tripura, police said on Tuesday.
8. Court grants bail to Manipur journalist
Manipur Journalist Kishorchandra Wangkhem, popularly known as Wangkhemcha Wangthoi, was granted bail by the Session Judge of Senapati on Tuesday. He was arrested on September 29, for allegedly posting a derogatory remark against the Maram tribe on Facebook.
9. Manipur’s Ngangom Bala becomes first Indian woman footballer to score in European professional league
Manipur’s Ngangom Bala Devi won her first competitive goal for Rangers at the 85th minute in their 9-0 win against the Motherwell Rangers Women’s Football Club on Sunday.
10. IMA holds nationwide protest on December 8
The Meghalaya state spokesperson of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Dr Bernard T Lyngdoh, said that the central body has called for a nationwide protest on December 8 and 11 to oppose the mix up of medical systems.