Evening News Nuggets
1. Assam: Three drivers arrested in Dibrugarh over illegal oil trade
According to police, the accused would steal diesel and sell the oil midway between Digboi and Banipur Railway station.
2. Assam: Ajmal grand alliance will open madrassas if they come to power, says Himanta Biswa Sarma
Taking a jibe at All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) supremo Badruddin Ajmal, North-East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma said that Ajmal will set up madrassas in Assam instead of opening engineering colleges and universities if their party comes to power.
3. Nobody should misuse freedom of speech and expression, says Manipur CM N Biren Singh
Singh said that Clause 2 of the Article permits the state to impose reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right, which breaches morality.
4. Meghalaya CM campaigns for NPP candidates in Garo Hills ahead of GHADC polls
Addressing a poll rally at Mangsang under Darugre GHADC constituency on Wednesday, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said people should vote for a party that listens to the people.
5. Meghalaya: West Garo Hills observes World Tuberculosis Day
The programme centred on the theme “The Clock is Ticking” and aimed to spread the message that the world is running out of time to act on the commitments made by global leaders to eradicate TB.
6. Nagaland | Lamhainandi shooting incident opens old wounds of intertribal land dispute
In September 2019, some unidentified miscreants shot rounds of bullets in the air at a newly established village of the Zeliangrong tribe - Lamhainandi village.
7. Tripura journalist attacked by unknown miscreants
Bikash Das, a journalist working with Syandan Patrika, was attacked by unknown miscreants in Agartala, Tripura, on Wednesday.
8. TNT POLL CARD | Poll campaigns in full swing amid a surge in COVID-19 cases in Tripura
Political parties are seen moving out to every nook and corner of the tribal areas to campaign for their respective candidates.