Evening News Nuggets
1. Amit Shah campaigns for Sonowal in Majuli; rakes up illegal influx threat
Union Home Minister Amit Shah again reiterated the “illegal infiltration” threat to Assam in the wake of the Congress’ alliance with All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) ahead of the state Assembly polls.
2. Manipur CM launches ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign
The campaign aims to reduce the problem of water scarcity in the next dry season.
3. Security forces apprehend KKYL insurgent in Manipur
The 41-year-old KYKL insurgent was identified as Huirongbam Prabin Singh of Kakwa Nameirakpam under Imphal East district.
4. Meghalaya: Journalist "abused, assaulted" by former sordar of Sohiong, SPC demands apology
According to a release issued by Shillong Press Club (SPC), the video journalist of the T7 news channel had gone to Len Mawtap village, Sohiong constituency to cover a public meeting on Saturday where he was intimidated, abused and assaulted by a former Sordar of Sohiong.
5. Two Northeast states bag laurels at 67th National Film Awards
Meghalaya's film 'Iewduh' was awarded Best Khasi Film and Best Audiography while Sikkim bagged the award for 'Most Film Friendly State'.
6. Meghalaya: Here's why Garo Hills continues to face water shortage
Singh has urged the residents, especially the school students, to plant trees in the region to increase the forest cover and maintain ecological balance.
7. EDITORIAL | Abiding by social norms amid changing trends
From teenagers to adults, it has become a common practice for some people to “hang out” in residential areas, in the comfort of their cars, as they play their loud music (most of the time under the influence of alcohol) into the dead of night.
8. India Economic Conclave to focus on “Reform, Perform, Transform”
In anticipation of the conclave, M.K Anand, MD & CEO of Times Network said that India is also pursuing ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and an aggressive ‘Make in India’ strategy to further insulate itself.