Evening News Nuggets
1. Manipur journos, media houses to go on strike again
Newspaper and news channels in Manipur have halted all publications and broadcasting with immediate effect as journalists, once again, announced an indefinite strike following one of the eight resolutions passed during an emergency meeting between the All Manipur Working Journalists Union (AMWJU) and the Editors Guild Manipur (EGM).
2. Tripura BJP’s tribal leaders not interested in allying with IPFT for upcoming ADC election
The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) tribal leaders are no longer interested in allying with the Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT) for the upcoming Autonomous District Council (ADC) election.
3. Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan lays foundation stone for second medical college in Nagaland
Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan laid the foundation stone of the second medical college of the state at the District Hospital, Mon, on Friday.
4. Sikkim: Left out communities demand indigenous status from government
When Sikkim merged with India in 1975, several people from the pre-merger era were excluded from the list of indigenous communities belonging to the state.
5. Congress alleges BJP of misleading people on Assam's flood solution
The Assam Pradesh Congress Committee, on Friday, accused the incumbent BJP government of once again misleading the people of Assam before an election by promising to solve the flood problem in Assam, if they remain in power, in the next five years.
6. Arunachal Guv addresses Assembly on first day of budget session
Arunachal Governor BD Mishra attended the first day of the 12-day budget session in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, on Thursday.
7. ECI announces dates for Assam Assembly elections
The Election Commission of India (ECI), on Friday, announced the schedule for the assembly polls in Assam.
8. Lower primary teachers in Assam to stage protest from March 1
Lower primary school teachers under the banner of the Nimna Vidyalaya Karmarata Sahakari (3rd post) Shikshak Santha in Assam will kick off their agitations from March 1 against the non-provincialisation of their job.
9. Abducted Quippo employees untraceable, says Arunachal DGP
The Director-General of Police (DGP), R.P Upadhyaya, said that the state’s police department is clueless on the status of the two Quippo employees who were abducted by the United Liberation Front of Asom ULFA-I and NSCN militant outfits on December 21, 2020.
10. Assam: AASU in Dibrugarh district boycotts singer Bipin Chawdang
The All Assam Students' Union (AASU), Dibrugarh district unit, stated that it would boycott singer Bipin Chawdang for his alleged derogatory remarks on AASU former general secretary Lurin Jyoti Gogoi.