Evening News Nuggets
1. Three injured in rockslide on NH 29 in Nagaland
Three people were injured and four vehicles were damaged on Tuesday in a rockslide on National Highway 29, where four-laning work was going on.
2. Manipur: Thoubal police apprehend PLA cadre
Thoubal Police, on Wednesday, apprehended an active member of the proscribed People’s Liberation Army (PLA), the armed wing of the Revolutionary People’s Front (RPF).
3. Assam Rifles seize Rs 80 lakh unaccounted Indian currency notes in Mizoram
Troops of Assam Rifles arrested one person and recovered unaccounted Indian currency notes amounting to Rs 80 lakh near the India-Myanmar border at Champhai district in Mizoram.
4. Assam: 29,701 teachers, staff to benefit from ‘biggest’ single-day job drive
In what the Assam Government claims to be the biggest-ever appointment exercise in a single day, the state education department will distribute appointment letters among 29,701 teachers and non-teaching staff at Sarusajai Stadium on February 5.
5. Assam Guv forms committee to probe corruption charges against Dibrugarh University VC
Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi, on Tuesday, formed a fact-finding committee under the chairmanship of Preetom Saikia, Commissioner and Secretary, Government of Assam, to look into the allegations of financial irregularities against the vice-chancellor of Dibrugarh University, Ranjit Tamuli.
6. Meghalaya NGO inspects PWD office at South West Khasi Hills
The Federation of Khasi Jaintia and Garo People (FKJGP), Rangblang Area Unit, inspected the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer PWD (Roads) at Mawsaw village in South West Khasi Hills (SWKH) district on Wednesday, following complaints that the office was non-functional.
7. Centre makes Aadhaar mandatory for Brus to avail benefits in Tripura, Mizoram
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) government of India on Tuesday made the Aadhaar identification mandatory for availing benefits under the Central scheme of ‘Grant in Aid to Government of Tripura and Mizoram for the rehabilitation of Bru Migrants’.
8. Health scheme 'Suswastha Yojana' rolled out in Sikkim
Sikkim Chief Minister PS Golay, on Tuesday, rolled out the much-awaited health scheme - Suswastha Yojana.
9. Meghalaya woman allege fraudulent cash withdrawals in North Garo Hills
A woman account holder in the Dainadubi branch of State Bank of India in North Garo Hills (NGH), Meghalaya on Wednesday filed a police complaint after money was withdrawn regularly from her account without her authorisation.
10. Teachers’ Association of Manipur continues to protest
The Federation of Government College Teachers’ Association (FEGOCTA) continued a sit-in protest for the 5th day in a row in Manipur.