Evening News Nuggets
1. Mizoram: COVID-19 Vaccines arrive at Mamit district
Mizoram Director of Information and Public Relations (DIPR) informed that COVID-19 vaccines had arrived at Mamit District Hospital, the first immunisation site chosen by Medical officials.
2. Illicit drugs, alcohol worth Rs. 5.5 lakh destroyed in Mizoram
The Minister of the Mizoram Excise and Narcotics Department, Dr K. Beichhua, ordered for a package of drugs comprising heroin and various other psychotropic pills, to be destroyed during a programme at Mara Thyutlia Py (MTP)
3. Alarming rise of crime against women in Assam: Cong
The Assam Mahila Congress president and MLA Nandita Das have expressed concern over the "alarming increase" of crime against women during the last few years under BJP government.
4. Tripura: Government assures Rs 5 lakh assistance to Liton Das's family
The government of Tripura has decided to offer financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the family of (L) Liton Das, who was abducted on November 27 and subsequently murdered by members of the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT).
5. Adani Group signs concession agreements with AAI for developing Guwahati airport and two others
The Adani Group on Tuesday signed concession agreements with the Airports Authority of India, for the management, operations and development of Guwahati, Jaipur and Thiruvananthapuram airports.
6. Assam Jatiya Parishad to push for Laika-Dodhia villagers’ rehab; stage stir on January 21
Members of the newly floated regional political party, Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) has decided to undertake a state-wide protest on January 21, demanding a permanent settlement of over 1,400 ‘homeless’ families of Laika and Dodhia villages under Dibru Saikhowa National Park in Upper Assam.
7. Assam govt distributes financial aid to 1279 ex-NDFB cadres
Almost a year after 1,615 cadres of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) laid down arms at a formal surrender ceremony, the Assam government lived up to its commitment and distributed financial aid among 1,279 former cadres of the outfit.
8. Curious case of ‘frozen’ COVID vaccines in Assam hospital
Assam authorities are planning to initiate a thorough inquiry into a rather “strange” case of how 1000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine got “frozen” at Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH), hours after they were stored at the hospital.