Evening News Nuggets
1. Tripura to get 56,500 doses of COVID-19 vaccines
The Mission Director of the National Health Mission (NHM), Tripura, Dr Siddhartha Jaiswal, on Wednesday, said that 56,500 doses of COVID-19 vaccines would reach Agartala within two days.
2. Assam police seize drugs worth Rs. 10 lakh, one arrested
Police arrested a drug peddler and seized 371 grams of suspected brown sugar at Dillai Gate in Assam on Wednesday.
3. Pandemic, high prices fail to dampen Bihu spirits in Assam
Skyrocketing prices of fish, meat and traditional delicacies failed to dampen the Bhogali Bihu mood, as people across Assam thronged fish markets and community fishing sites hours ahead of the feasting night (uruka) on Wednesday.
4. IIT-G inks MoU with NECHRI to enhance cancer research, help NE patients
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the North East Cancer Hospital and Research Institute (NECHRI) at Jorabat to enhance collaborative research to identify cancer susceptible population in the Northeast.
5. In conversation with Gautam Shome, coach of Meghalaya cricket team
The Meghalaya Cricket Association (MCA) has come a long way to represent the state in major national cricket tournaments like the Ranji Trophy, Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
6. EDITORIAL | Will racism ever end?
The recent racist spat in Australia during the India-Australia series is something uncalled for, and over the years, this problem has manifested because of ignorance.
7. Manipur receives 54,000 doses of Covishield vaccine
The first batch of COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Manipur’s capital city of Imphal on Wednesday.
8. Meghalaya: Seventy-year-old woman’s body recovered in SWGH
South West Garo Hills (SWGH) police, on Wednesday, recovered the body of a 70-year-old woman from a fish pond near Ampati petrol pump.