Evening News Nuggets
1. Arunachal: NGO distributes relief items to Laika-Dodiya flood victims
The Adi Mishing Baane Kebang (AMBK) of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam, distributed relief items to over 1,500 people at the relief camp near the Deputy Commissioner’s Office at Tinsukia in Assam.
2. 'Fence the cattle and cultivate freely' - Arunachal's method of cultivation
These villages in Arunachal Pradesh are slowly and gradually moving towards a more secure method of fencing and cattle regulation to prevent their agricultural lands from being destroyed by livestocks.
3. Assam Assembly elections: BJP sounds poll bugle in Barak Valley
The ruling BJP, on Monday, kick-started the party’s Assam Assembly election campaign from Silchar with a pledge to win over 100 seats in the polls, including at least 10 seats in Barak Valley.
4. Assam: Tribal students’ group move Union Minister over Laika-Dodhia stir
The All India Tribal Students Association, Assam (AITSAA) has submitted a memorandum to Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Ramdas Athawale demanding permanent relocation and settlement of over 1,400 families of Laika and Dodhia villages under Dibru Saikhowa National Park in Upper Assam.
5. Manipur: Horticulture department to promote the sale of organic oranges
The Department of Horticulture, Manipur, will promote the sale of organic oranges sourced from Pherzwal district from Monday, January 11.
6. Former Manipur minister hurt in accident, wife succumbs to injuries
Former Minister and Vice President of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, Moirangthem Hemanta Singh escaped with minor injuries while his wife, Dr Pratita Moirangthem succumbed to injuries after the couple met with an accident.
7. Govt college teachers of Manipur set deadline for pay revision
Federation of Government College Teachers’ Associations (FEGOCTA), Manipur on Sunday had set January 27 as a deadline for the government to address their long-pending demand of pay revision.
8. Meghalaya: AAY, PHH and Non-NFSA rice released in WGH
The Deputy Commissioner (Supply) from West Garo Hills, Tura has informed that rice for Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Priority Households (PHH) and Non-National Food Security Act (Non-NFSA) beneficiaries under NFSA/Non-NFSA for January 2021, has been released.
9. Meghalaya: Former MLA from Mawprem passes away, CM expresses grief
D.N Joshi, a former member of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly and veteran politician, passed away on Monday at the age of 98.
10. Tripura State Rifles jawan and partner arrested on rape charges
A Tripura State Rifles (TSR) jawan and his partner were arrested for allegedly raping a woman in South Tripura district.