As bamboo pickle is most of our favourites, why not try it in a different version. Chilli stuffed with sundried bamboo is another delicacy you can try.
here is an attempt to give a twist to the usual chilli and bamboo pickle.
- Chillies one kg
- 3/4 cup Salt or less
- 3/4 cup Fennel seeds (check Ingredients Gallery) (coarse powder)
- 3/4 cup Mustard seeds powdered coarsely
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek Roasted powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 3/4 cup sesame Oil (or less)
- Sun dried bamboo two cups
- Turmeric one teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds Coarsely ground
- 2 spoons chilli flakes
1: Clean the seeds of chillies, wash and pat it dry
2: Take all the ingredients except oil in a bowl.
3: Mix well
4: Fill each chilli with the mixture and pack into a clean and dry storage jar.
5: If there is any spice mixture left out , you can add it to the jar.
6: Leave the jar for 3 days.
7: It would be good if you keep the jar in sunlight for a day or two.
8: After the 3rd day, add the oil and give it a shake.
9: Leave for 3 or more days.
10: As the chillies are big in size, it may take a few days to soften.
Keep it in sun for few days till chillies softens.
By Zaheera Ahmed
Featured Image Courtesy: Lite Bite