SHILLONG, Sept 01, 2017: The Meghalaya Government is likely going to appeal the ruling of the High Court for quashing the advertisement and recruitment process of the SF-10 Commandos.
“We have seen the ruling only in the website of the High Court. We are awaiting for the official copy of the ruling,” official sources informed on Tuesday.
Sources further informed that the State Government will first examine the ruling of the High Court before going ahead with the appeal.
Earlier on Thursday, the High Court of Meghalaya had set aside the advertisement as well as the entire recruitment process of SF-10 commandos.
The petitioner in the fresh case, Ajay Master, through his lawyer K. Paul had sought assailing the entire selection process culminating into publication of select list of eligible candidates called for interview on June 6 this year for the post of commandos and others in SF-10 pursuant to the advertisement on February 24, 2016.
The posts included 625 vacancies for male commandos/constables, 152 vacancies for female commandos/constables, five for the post of mechanics, seven for the post of signal/communication operators, 16 for drivers, four for armourers and four vacancies for the post of buglers.
According to the court, the advertisement was also silent about the present reservation policy adopted by Meghalaya Government which is supposed to be 40 per cent for the Khasi/Jaintia category, 40 per cent for Garos, 5 per cent for other backward classes and 15 per cent for general category.
“So the advertisement itself kept the applicant in the dark as to what will be their eligibilities to get the appointment in the different posts. We must remember that an advertisement is the initiator of an examination or interview as well as it is a rule which needs to be followed strictly as the guideline of the whole game or whole exercise of appointment,” the Judge said, adding that the advertisement is a rule and guideline which needs to be transparent and clear, so that ambiguity should not arise in the minds of the candidates appearing for the examination or interview.
“Since the reservation policy of the Government of Meghalaya has not been maintained properly and pass mark or cut-off mark has not been mentioned, it is definitely a defective one and any examination or interview on the basis of such advertisement is a faulty,” the court said.
The judge also said the additional affidavit of the government regarding the matter is also misleading and cannot be accepted.