Seven arrested for running sex racket; 6 women rescued

 | 

NATIONAL | September 14, 2019:

Dehradun police arrested seven people on Wednesday for allegedly running a sex racket in the city and rescued six women, who were forced into prostitution.

According to the police these women hailed from different states, including West Bengal, Delhi, and Haryana and were sent to customers in different hotels of Dehradun.

The seven arrested belong to West Bengal, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Punjab including two cab drivers, one client, and the remaining four were operators of the racket.

ALSO READ:Nagaland truck fined over Rs 6 lakh for MVA violation

Reportedly the rescued girls said that they were being offered a job, they were taken to Delhi after which they were sent to different states.

According to sources, the racket was operated by a person named Amit, who owns 75% of the client's payment and the girls were given the rest 25% of the amount.