Mobile phone battery explosion kills 12-yr-old boy


NATIONAL | June 7, 2019:

In a tragic incident, a twelve-year-old boy was killed when a mobile phone battery exploded after he plugged it into a universal charger in the Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday night

The 12-year-old was a resident of Likhedi village, about 10 km away Badnawar town in Dhar district.

The incident took place when the minor was alone in the house. His parents are daily wage labourers and had gone out to work, said police.

He was trying to charge the battery of his phone using a universal charger and had plugged it in the socket when it exploded.

A senior police officer, CB Singh said, "His uncle rushed inside the house when he heard the explosion, he took him to the hospital where he died".

One of the boy's relatives, said: "We heard some sound. Someone said it was blast. We came running inside the house and saw the child lying on the floor; there were pieces of the charger, too."

The intensity of the blast was such that even the switchboard was blown to bits. The body of the deceased has been handed over to the family.

The police has filed a case and is now investigating the matter further.