Additional Rs 40,000 cr provision allocated under MGNREGA Scheme: MoS tells RS

 | 

NEW DELHI | Sept 16, 2020:

Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur has said that the Government has made a provision of 40 thousand crore rupees under MGNREGA Scheme through Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Package to provide employment to the needy workers.

In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today, Thakur said, it is in addition to the allocation of 61 thousand 5 hundred crore rupees under MGNREGA for Financial Year 2020-21.

ALSO READ: Lok Sabha passes Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020

He said, under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package, the Government paid 12 per cent employers' share and 12 per cent employees' share under Employees' Provident Fund, totalling 24 per cent for three wage months from March to May this year for all the establishments having up to 100 employees with 90 per cent of such employees earning less than 15 thousand rupees monthly wage.

ALSO READ:'No shortage' of medical oxygen at national level: Health Secretary

Thakur said the package was extended for another 3 months, for the wage months of June to August this year under the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Package.

He further said that the funds for self-employed groups have been provided under the National Rural Livelihood Mission.