Prince William's COVID-19 was kept secret
Britain's Prince William kept his positive coronavirus test in April a secret to not worry anyone around the time his father, Prince Charles, was also self-isolating as he was diagnosed with COVID-19, UK media reports claimed on Monday.
The 38-year-old Duke of Cambridge, who is the second in line to the British throne, was treated by palace doctors and followed government guidelines by isolating at his family home Anmer Hall, in Norfolk, eastern England.
Despite his illness, he managed to carry out around 14 telephone and video call engagements in April.
A source told The Sun' newspaper that the prince had been "hit pretty hard by the virus", adding that it "really knocked him for six". Kensington Palace, the Duke of Cambridge's office in London, declined to comment but did not deny the claim.
William has not publicly confirmed that he had the virus, but according to reports he told an observer at an engagement: "There were important things going on and I didn't want to worry anyone."
"The devastating impact of the coronavirus pandemic has reminded us as a nation of how much we owe to the thousands of NHS workers who have gone far beyond the call of duty this year, said William. (PTI)