Evening News Nuggets
1. Assam: Sonowal-led govt spent Rs 82.59 crore on newspaper ads in 5 years
The Assam state assembly on Wednesday informed that the previous government led by Sarbananda Sonowal has spent Rs 82.59 crore on newspaper endorsements in five years.
2. Supreme Court questions Centre on Sedition Law
The Supreme Court (SC) has questioned the central government on the validity of the sedition law of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and its relevance 75 years after independence.
3. Govt caps trade margin for five medical devices at 70 per cent
The centre has capped trade margin of five medical devices at 70 per cent of the price at the distributor level to ensure affordable health care for everyone.
4. India records 41,806 new COVID-19 cases, 581 deaths in last 24 hours
India registered as many as 41,806 new COVID-19 cases, and 581 COVID-related deaths in the last 24 hours on Thursday, the Health Ministry informed.
5. After London And Dubai, Tripura's sweet jackfruit to make its way to Germany
The northeastern state of Tripura in its initiative to export jackfruit outside the country has made a consignment of one metric tonne of freshly collected jackfruits to be airlifted for the first time to Germany, after London and Dubai.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.