Evening News Nuggets
1. Supreme Court gives Centre two-week deadline for CBSE and CISCE results assessment
The Supreme Court has given a two-week deadline to the central government to furnish well-defined objective criteria for the assessment of the students' results.
2. Shillong MP seeks inclusion of Khasi, Garo languages in CBSE's list of languages
Lok Sabha MP Vincent H Pala has urged the centre to include Khasi and Garo languages in the list of 'language options' in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), in line with the New Education Policy.
3. Nagaland government served notice for priority COVID-19 vaccination of PwDs
The Court of the State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) issued a notification to the Nagaland government stating the prioritisation of vaccination for PwDs, as envisaged under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
4. Tripura: COVID positive infant passes away due to doctor's alleged negligence
Following the alleged negligence of a doctor at a primary health care centre (PHC), a two-day-old newborn passed away in the Dhalai district of Tripura.
5. Manipur Congress submits memo to Guv, seeks free vaccination
The Congress Party delegation led by the leader of the opposition Okram Ibobi Singh submitted a memorandum to Governor of Manipur Nejma Heptulla, concerning free vaccination for every citizen in the country.
6. COVID treatment rates fixed in Assam private hospitals
In a move that comes as succour for COVID-19 patients burdened by "exorbitant" rates charged by private healthcare facilities, the Assam government has finally fixed “reasonable” rates for COVID treatment in private super-speciality and general hospitals.
7. Assam to help private hospitals buy vaccines from reserved quota
The Assam health department has decided to provide private hospitals with interest-free loans to buy vaccines directly from manufacturers under the 25 per cent quota reserved for the private sector by the central government.
8. THIRD WAVE THREAT: Assam medical colleges, dist hospitals to have paediatric ICUs
The Assam government has decided to set up paediatric ICUs in medical colleges and district hospitals of the state.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone