TURA: A remote and an unheard-of village named Aminda Rangsa (Amindagre) situated in the Gambegre Block in West Garo Hills has evidently come to be known as the cleanest village of Garo Hills. The efforts of the residents has been instrumental in this regard who have left no stone unturned in attracting tourists here. Here are some things you must know about the cleanest village in Garo Hills:
1. It is located about 25 km from Tura far away from the chaos of city life.
2. Just like othet parts of Meghalaya, landscapes, rugged terrains and dense forest are the hallmark of Aminda Rangsa village.
3. It is a small village with only 39 households with a population of roughly 200 people, including children.
4. In 2011, the village bagged the Nirmal Gram Puraskar.Last year, the village bagged an award for their conservation efforts from the Integrated Basin Development and Livelihood Promotion Programme (IBDLP), a flagship programme of the Meghalaya Government.
5. The village has also earned a recognition for wood and stone crafts and attracts various buyers from outside.
This village has created a legacy and has set a benchmark for other villages, not only in Meghalaya but also in other parts of the world.
(TNT Desk with inputs from internet sources)