Nagaland: An eighty year old man charred to death!

KOHIMA, MARCH 14 2017: In a major inferno at Lazami village in Pughoboto Sub-Division under Zunheboto district, an eighty years old man was charred to death, police said today.

According to an official report, the victim was identified as one octogenarian Akhalu, whose house was completely razed by the fire along with six other houses, including the building of the village youth organization, were burned down affecting several families yesterday.

The body was recovered by the villagers after the fire was fully doused. The fire was doused off by the villagers averting further damage. The District Administration and police rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.

However, the cause of the fire could not be ascertained so far, sources said. This is the second case of charred to death. Earlier on February 27 last, a woman was charred to death in an inferno that broke out at her house at Chuchuyimlang town under Mokokchung district on the night of February 27 at around 2300 hrs. The victim, identified as Arenbenla and her husband Imtongzukba Jamir, were sleeping when the room was engulfed in fire. The fire was suspected to have broken out from the kitchen. However, the husband managed to escape unhurt.

Source: Agencies

loading...
Don't Miss