IMPHAL, March 15, 2017: Nongthombam Biren Singh is all set to be sworn in as the first BJP Chief Minister of Manipur on Wednesday morning.
Biren and one or two elected members will be sworn in at Raj Bhavan at 1 pm, according to sources. The ceremony is expected to be attended by national as well as regional BJP leaders.
Here are details of the swearing-in ceremony:
– BJP president Amit Shah, Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu and BJP National General Secretary Ramlal return to Delhi after a technical glitch in his flight. They were on their way to attend N. Biren Singh’s oath taking ceremony in Imphal today.
– The Chief Minister-elect Biren Singh refused to comment this morning on whether Manipur will have a Deputy Chief Minister in Y Joykumar Singh, a leader of the National People’s Party of NPP, whose four legislators are supporting the BJP, according to a NDTV report.
– Lok Janshakti Party legislator Karma Shyam and Trinamool congress leader Robindro Singh are expected to be made ministers.
– The Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and the Trinamool Congress that won one seat each in the Manipur assembly elections have announced support for the BJP.
– The Naga People’s Front or NPF offered external support of its four legislators to BJP to form a government says they will not be a part of the government or have ministers in the Cabinet.
– Manipur Governor Najma Heptullah invited the BJP-run coalition to form the government and said BJP has the number to get into the power.
– Earlier, there were reports that Congress leaders will call on Governor Heptullah soon to stake claim to form the government.
– The Congress, which won the most seats, 28, could not gather the support of three more legislators to make the 31-seat majority mark. It has accused the BJP of using “money power” to form the government in Goa and Manipur.
(Source: Zee News)