KOHIMA, April 21: The blue dome and white turrets of the Sumi Baptist Church Zunheboto (SBCZ) in Nagaland will not only become an epitome of infrastructural development in Northeast but also brings one closer to the ‘Divine Being’.
A good news for all, one of Asia’s biggest Church, Sumi Baptist Church, Zunheboto is set to be inaugurated on 22nd April 2017.
Here are ten points you need to know about this Church:
1. The construction commenced on 07th May 2007.
2. It was completed on 31st March 2017 at the cost of Rs. 36 crore.
3. It has a seating capacity of 8,500 people.
4. The Church stands at the height of 1864.9m above sea level.
5. It is located 26.1° N and 94.52″ E.
6. The dimensions of this building is: Length 203’ft, Breadth 153’ft, Height 166’ft.
7. The plinth area of this Church is 23,73,476 Sq.ft.
8. The Architect of this building is M/s. Akitektura, Dimapur.
9. The Engineer of this Church is M/s. Map Project Services Pvt. Ltd Kolkata.
10. This Church will be inaugurated on 22nd April 2017.
TNT News with inputs from Lima Jamir (Nagaland-based journalist)
Image courtesy: Morung Express